Monday, 6 October 2008

4e Session 6 - The Forbidden City

A lot happened in last night's session and the game was fast paced, yet allowing us to develop the detail of our characters. We also introduced a new mechanic - the stunt point - into the game. To focus on the changes rather than the Actual Play (which can be found here) is what I will write about here.

1. I have decided to multiclass into warlock. Dud to events earlier in the game when we panicked a little about healing, we now seem to be overwhelmed with powers of healing, so I chose a class that will help in combat and also build the storyline of my character. As he fully intends to be the new Vulcan Lord of Storms (and now starting to move into fire!) he has harnessed the spirits of the desert to help him on his quest. The DM modified the mechanics of multiclassing which seem to be working. You first need to take a feat to gain the new class and then an additional feat based on combat, utility etc powers and allows you to swap out that specific power. For example, I took Utility Swap feat which means I can swap any of my utility powers between the two classes. I can effectively pick my utility power from either character's list but am still limited as I can't have both thus must sacrifice cleric powers for warlock powers.
I however, do not need to spend a feat each time I do this.

2. Stunt points. Stunting is highly encouraged in the rules but we seemed reluctant to use this. So by giving us a stunt point, which renews at the same rate as the action point, we can then pay the token to do a stunt. This should help us work on our visual descriptions as well as make us use these talents. It happened twice in the game and I was going to use mine but a lucky crit attack of opportunity took out the thief I was going to use it on.

The story is growing, the characters are developing and mellowing towards a more good stance (I don't think we can really keep the hard nosed edge that we started with) as this is what we normally play. A great session and we seem to be scheduled for next Sunday so more fun!

No comments: