First chance to play this occurred over the bank holiday weekend. It's a great game which appears exceedingly difficult for the humans to win (they came close this time!) The game play revolves around a series of crisis and the voting to resolve these, because this is predominantly where you detect who the cylon(s) are. Once revealed, the player can then actively work against the fleet sabotaging and attacking the fleet including the Galactica.
What I liked (in no particular order):
That you can fly in a viper and shoot up raiders
The cards are specific to the type of character and it is possible to determine who has played what
That the positions (admiral and president) can shift as the game plays
That there is an extra draw of loyalty cards half way through.
This event proved interesting as I became a cylon and worked secretly to stuff things up for the humans, whilst the revealed cylon carried on attacking the Galactica. I was especially amused as the admiral ship devolved to me and I used this to slow the progress of the fleet. There came a pivotal point when a massive cylon fleet was attacking the fleet when I made the attempt to send one of the remaining humans to the brig (one was already there suspected of being a cylon) and the other was the president! I almost one the vote but ended up in the brig myself.
What doesn't really work:
The cylon sympathiser card - your not human and not really cylon so limited in what you can actually do in the game.
There are very limited things to do on the ship - sometimes I did actions not because I wanted to but it was the only thing I could really do.
Overall, I enjoyed the game and it would be interesting with more players to see how the dynamic shakes down. A game I would certainly return to.
No comments:
Post a Comment