Our first session of the strictly ten part epic tier has occurred (although I am a bit belated in writing this up). The kick start to this section of the long running campaign was a battle for the Library of Ages - we had three separate foes to destroy before they trashed the library so were on a timer. Add to this the random effects of the 'onslaught' by the foes of chaos and it turned the adventure into a good challenge. The players are just starting to feel their way into their new powers and Andrew is learning some of the upgrades (dazing with dragonbreath springs to mind). As we learn our powers, I think this will become more evident in terms of what we can now do. I seriously feel epic in power and excited about the future sessions.
The priceless moment of the game was the look on Andrew's face when I wiped all his minions with Bolts of Warding! :)
However, what really made the game where the 'epic quotes', the thinking big and the feeling that we are about to shake down a world, being able to affect the future cycle of creation - seriously epic!
Kudos to Andrew for the restart - the awesome was there from the first moment until the Unfettered pretender of a god was slain. I especially liked Morn's 'as you pass to nether regions of hell, tell your master we no longer run'.
No comments:
Post a Comment